Are you looking to launch a Food and Beverage (FAB) Startup and want to get your product onto grocery store shelves, but can’t seem to figure out how to navigate the large corporate bureaucracy?
Here’s the bad news… the large CPG brands can’t either.
But here’s the GOOD news… the large CPG brands are so slow that you can still beat them at their own game if you know what to do. Today’s guest, Ainsley Moir, is a veteran of the FAB world, working for big brands such as Coke, Campbells, Vitamin Water, and more.
She has been in the boardroom meetings for these large companies with infinite bank accounts and decades-long relationships with retailers. The disturbing news is they still take 4 YEARS to launch new products. Ainsley believed that this was way too slow and so on evenings and weekends she successfully launched her own FAB. coffee startup using proven corporate marketing strategies with startup speed.
In this episode, Ainsley walks you through exactly what retailers want for you to get your product in stores.
You will learn:
- The single piece of paper (double-sided) you need to get your product into a retail store
- How to find CPG buyers and get a meeting
- What it is that Food and Beverage buyers actually want (and it’s not flavor)
- How to test your message and assumptions about your market cheaply before you blow a bunch of money developing a product no one wants
- Why some products lose money for each unit sold… and how to avoid it
- How to get proof of demand before you’ve even sold a single item
Want to learn more about how to get your FAB product off the ground? Check out AinsleyMoir.com
Want to work with Khierstyn directly to launch and scale your product? Go to www.workwithKR.com to learn more.