Gareth Everard ran a wildly successful crowdfunding campaign when he launched the first product that led to the founding of Rockwell Razors. He used that first campaign to launch several other successful product lines and made the transition to make it a sustainable brand. But his road to success was not an easy one. In today’s episode, Gareth shares his story of the manufacturing problems he ran into and what he did to keep those troubles from causing his product to fail. If you’re launching a product, or even thinking about it, you’ll want to join us and learn all you can from Gareth’s experience.
What made Gareth Everard’s crowdfunding campaign so successful?
Gareth Everard’s first crowdfunding campaign exceeded its goal the first day and made 12 times that goal by the end of the campaign! In this episode, Gareth talks about how he chose his product, how an online community made a huge difference in the success of his campaign, and how he navigated the challenges that came his way. Listen in to gain some great tips and ideas for a successful crowdfunding campaign.
When your crowdfunding campaign becomes a series of unfortunate events
As Gareth Everard describes it, his crowdfunding campaign became a series of unfortunate events when he discovered that his manufacturer had massively misled him regarding their capability for producing a quality product. In this episode, Gareth tells me about how he overcame this huge obstacle in a way that allowed him to keep his backers and customers and successfully launch additional products. It wasn’t easy. Listen in and learn from Gareth’s experience how you can prevent your crowdfunding campaign from ruining your life.
The one factor that made Gareth Everard successful turning his campaign into an actual business
Are you wondering how to create a business out of your crowdfunding campaign? Do you want to learn from someone who did it well? Gareth Everard was successful in turning his campaign into an actual business. In this episode, he talks about the one factor that played the biggest part in his success. And it’s not what you might think. Listen to this interview to learn what you need to do to keep your backers and customers receptive to new products.
Is Kickstarter or Indiegogo the better creator for my crowdfunding campaign?
Are you trying to decide which creator would be the best for you to use for your crowdfunding campaign? In this episode, Gareth Everard provides some insight into Kickstarter and Indiegogo and which one will likely best serve your needs, based on where you are in your product development. Listen in for some great advice that will help you make a good decision about the platform you want for your campaign.
Outline of This Episode
- Introducing one of my favorite humans, Gareth Everard, founder of Rockwell Razors.
- How Rockwell got started, in Gareth’s senior year of college.
- How Gareth chose what product to go after.
- To what did Gareth Everard attribute his overnight success?
- When your crowdfunding campaign becomes a series of unfortunate events.
- What Gareth did with the new manufacturer to make sure the same problems didn’t happen again.
- Gareth’s advice on manufacturing and fulfillment.
- Setting pricing and shipping and customer perception.
- The one factor that made Gareth Everard successful turning his campaign into an actual business.
- How Backer Kit helped Gareth decide on new products.
- Using backerKit to recover transactions that are lost due to Kickstarter.
- Is Kickstarter or Indiegogo the best creator for my crowdfunding campaign?
- Two words of advice for anyone launching a campaign.
- Gareth’s E-mail – Include “Crowdfunding Uncut” in the subject line
- Tech Crunch: How to fail at Kickstarter even if you get funded
- Venture beat: How my Kickstarter blew up my life
- Episode #60: Reversing the Manufacturing Death Spiral
- Wicked Edge Reddit community
- Khierstyn’s Physical Product Checklist
- Leave a review on iTunes
- Contact Khierstyn at www.khierstyn.com