- Amazon is simply a sales channel, NOT the “end game”. Build other channels in tandem.
- You are playing in Amazon’s sandbox. That means they can change whatever they want whenever they want. One of the channels you must build to have stable success is your OWN.
- You can essentially turn a physical product into a digital product by using Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA). Let them package and ship your product because your time shouldn’t be spent licking stamps and going to the post office.
- After a successful Crowdfunding Launch, put your product up on Amazon and begin to learn about sales page optimization. Learn from experts and look at other successful pages in your niche.
- Leverage your backers for high-quality Amazon reviews. Honest reviews are key for your Amazon page and if you have treated them right, your backers will be more than happy to help you out (especially with the sweet incentive system Scott goes over in this episode.
About this Episode
What is your plan for after you successfully launch your product on Kickstarter or Indiegogo?
In last week’s episode, you learned how Julianne Ponan got her superfood snack bars onto the shelves of the largest grocery retailer in the United Kingdom with persistence and creativity.
This week it’s all about Amazon with Scott Voelker of The Amazing Seller.
After running a successful, six-figure, portrait studio business for 10 years with his wife Lisa, Scott wanted to increase his income online, so he started teaching people how to start and run portrait studios themselves with New Portrait Biz.
That business was also successful, but he had caught the online bug, and eventually came across Amazon’s Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) program.
FBA allows entrepreneurs and business owners to ship physical products from the factory to Amazon’s Warehouses. Once an order is placed either on Amazon, or your own website, Amazon will package and ship the order to the customer. No wrapping stamp licking required!
This means that Amazon has almost made running a physical product business like a digital product business. Your time can be focused on high value tasks like marketing and product creation.
Since discovering FBA, Scott has launched a number of successful private label products on Amazon.
He shares his knowledge and expertise on his Podcast, The Amazing Seller, which has over 4 million downloads to date.
In this episode, Scott offers an honest overview of Amazon’s platform and how it applies to your crowdfunded product.
There are a ton of tools and tips for you to sink your teeth into.