“Be humble, be happy.”
Tony Robbins, Tim Ferriss, Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuck…
What is one thing they all have in common?
They have all been on Entrepreneur On Fire, the Best Of iTunes Award Winning podcast hosted by today’s guest, John Lee Dumas.
In addition to these Titans of business, John has interviewed over 1300 successful entrepreneurs and built a Fire Nation of loyal fans on a foundation of value and transparency.
That community kept asking John one question:
What makes great entrepreneurs so successful?
After interviewing successful entrepreneurs every day for the last few years, he noticed it all boiled down to one thing:
They know how to set and attain goals.
So at the beginning of 2015, John started creating The Freedom Journal: Accomplish Your Goal In 100 Days.
He chose to launch his book on Kickstarter even though he could (and did) self-fund the first 20,000 copies of his book. (Imagine getting your perk within 10 days of a campaign closing!)
With the help of his team, community, and former guests, he was able to raise over $450k in 33 days and helped to build two schools in developing countries with the help of Pencils of Promise.
In this episode, John will talk about the mechanics of how he did it. Pay close attention to the message behind the words. That is where the true value of this episode lies.
You will learn:
- Why John thinks goal setting and attainment is the #1 thing that separates successful from struggling entrepreneurs.
- Why John chose Kickstarter even though he was able to fund The Freedom Journal himself, and could have easily sold it through his existing business.
- Why you should create a “Swipe Page” for your campaign when you are launching with affiliates.
- How to get your campaign featured on a top ranked podcast.
- The really cool opt-in bribe John used (and you can copy) to get 10,000 people to sign up for his pre-launch campaign email list.